Rent arrears education and training events
One session being held in each area
All upcoming events and special events can be found here.
Rent arrears – Best practice procedures, the law and QCAT, plus changes to RTA bond lodgement and more
Stacey Holt from Real Estate Excellence will present the following property management education and training workshop focusing on the following;
- Rent arrears – tips on educating tenants to prevent arrears
- Federal legislation on how many times is acceptable to contact people in ‘debt’
- Tips on communication with tenants in arrears
- Best practice procedures for rent arrears
- Completion of the Form 11 and Form 12 for rent arrears
- Notice periods for the Form 11 and Form 12 for rent arrears
- Communication with the lessor tips
- Rent in advance and the law
- Repeated rent arrear breaches
- QCAT application for rent arrears – termination/warrant of possession.
- RTA changes coming to bond lodgement from October 1 2019, and paperless changes from January 1 2020 will also be discussed.
Bundaberg – Wednesday, 13 November 2019 | Bundaberg Enterprise Centre Register online here
Brisbane North – Tuesday, 24 September 2019 | Kedron-Wavell RSL - Chermside Register online here
Brisbane South – Wednesday, 25 September 2019 | The Glen Hotel – Eight Mile Plains Register online here
Cairns – Wednesday, 23 October 2019 | Shangri-la Hotel Register online here
Fraser Coast – Thursday, 14 November 2019 | Hervey Bay Coat Club Register online here
Gladstone – Wednesday, 30 October 2019 | Yaralla Sports Club Register online here
Gold Coast – Thursday, 3 October 2019 | Parkwood Golf Club Register online here
Mackay - Friday, 25 October 2019 | Ocean International Hotel Register online here
Rockhampton – Tuesday, 29 October 2019 | Rockhampton Leagues Club Register online here
Sunshine Coast – Thursday, 26 September 2019 | Oaks Oasis, Caloundra Register online here
Toowoomba – Wednesday, 2 October 2019 | Clive Berghofer Stadium Register online here
Townsville – Thursday, 24 October 2019 | Mercure Townsville - Townsville Register online here
Registrations for events can be made online register online (you do not have to use PayPal; you can register online, select to pay by other which is direct deposit or secure credit card link. Once we receive your registration, an invoice is generated within one day (business days) from our accounting system which has the secure link and or banking direct deposit details) register online (an online booking fee is charged by the online booking provider). Certificates of attendance are available upon email request after the event and confirmation of attendance. Certificates of attendance are emailed to the attendee in PDF format upon request.